Its so exciting a conference devoted to the pilgrimage will take place in Ireland on Saturday, 5 October 2019 at The Printworks Event and Exhibition Centre in Dublin Castle.
A one-day conference Encountering the Sacred: The Archaeology and Heritage of Pilgrimage, will explore a wide range of pilgrimage topics from prehistory to the present day and have an Irish and International focus.
The conference has a great line up of speakers:
- Professor Robin Coningham, UNESCO Chair in Archaeological Ethics and Practice in Cultural Heritage, Department of Archaeology, Durham University
- Dr Lee Clare, German Archaeological Institute, Berlin.
- Frank Coyne, Aegis Archaeology.
- Dr Robert Hensey, Archaeologist.
- Pat Holland, Archaeologist, former museum curator, and annual participant on pilgrimages across Europe.
- Dr Małgorzata Krasnodębska-D’Aughton, Department of History, UCC.
- Dr Louise Nugent (Archaeologist & Blogger)
- Dr Tomás Ó Carragáin, Department of Archaeology, UCC.
- Br Colman Ó Clabaigh, OSB, Glenstal Abbey.
- Professor Ruth Van Dyke, Department of Anthropology, Binghamton University, New York.
Tickets are still available here from eventbrite
Encountering The Sacred: The Archaeology and Heritage of Pilgrimage conference is presented by the National Monuments Service of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht in partnership with the Office of Public Works and organised by Archaeology Ireland.